Dr. Sarang Lambat
(MMC Reg No: 2004/03/1828)
CURRENT POSITION – Consultant, Vitreo-retinal services, Suraj Eye Institute, Nagpur (since 2010 ).
Current interests – Diabetic Retinopathy, Retinal Detachment, Retinopathy of Prematurity, Uveitis, Ocular trauma, Posterior Segment Imaging and Ocular Oncology.
- FELLOW OF RETINA FOUNDATION (FRF): – A long term (2 year) fellowship in Vitreo-retinal diseases at Retina Foundation, Ahmedabad from 1st November 2008 to 31st October 2010
- M.S. OPHTHALMOLOGY (University of Mumbai) : – in May 2008 from LTMMC AND LTMG HOSPITAL, SION, MUMBAI
- ICO part 1: – Apr 2009
- F.C.P.S. OPHTHALMOLOGY AND D.O.M.S.: – in FEB 2008 from CP & S MUMBAI
- M.B.B.S. (Maharashtra University of Health Sciences, Nashik): – GOVERNMENT MEDICAL COLLEGE AND HOSPITAL, NAGPUR in 2002
- Nangia V, Jonas JB, Agarwal S, Khare A, Lambat S, Panda-Jonas S. Choroidal nevi in adult Indians: The Central India Eye and Medical Study. Br J Ophthalmol. 2012 Nov;96(11):1443-4. doi: 10.1136/bjophthalmol – 2012-302164. Epub 2012 Aug 7
- Jonas JB, Nangia V, Khare A, Sinha A, Lambat S. Prevalence and associations of retinal vein occlusions : The Central India Eye and Medical Study. Retina. 2012 Jul 19.
- Nangia V, Jonas JB, Khare A, Sinha A, Lambat S. Prevalence of retinal macroaneurysms. The Central India Eye and Medical Study. Acta Ophthalmol. 2012 Jun 13
- Nangia V, Jonas JB, Khare A, Lambat S. Prevalence of macular holes in rural central India. The Central India Eye and Medical Study. Graefes Arch Clin Exp Ophthalmol. 2012 Jan 28.
- Lambat S, Nair D, Nangia V. Lamellar hole along the papillomacular bundle of unknown cause. Retina. 2013 Jul – Aug ;33(7):1477-8
- Jonas JB, Nangia V, Khare A, Matin A, Bhojwani K, Kulkarni M, Sinha A, Lambat S, Gupta R, Panda-Jonas S. Prevalence and associated factors of diabetic retinopathy in rural central India. Diabetes Care. 2013 May;36(5):e69
- Manish Nagpal, Sarang Lambat, Navneet Mehrotra, Gaurav Paranjpe, Harsh Yadav, Sidharth Bhardwaj. Topical nepafenac 0.1% alone versus prednisolone acetate 1% as a postoperative anti-inflammatory agent in small gauge vitrectomy. Indian J Ophthalmol. 2014 May;62(5):606-9.
- Tham YC, Tao Y, Zhang L, et al. Is kidney function associated with primary open-angle glaucoma? Findings from the Asian Eye Epidemiology Consortium [published online ahead of print, 2020 Jan 20]. Br J Ophthalmol. 2020;bjophthalmol-2019-314890.
- Sarang P. Lambat, Vinay B. Nangia, Prabhat V. Nangia, Gas Bubble in a Glaucomatous Cup, Ophthalmology Glaucoma, Volume 3, Issue 6, 2020, ISSN 2589-4196, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ogla.2020.07.001.
- Lambat SP, Bajoria S, Nangia VB, Nangia PV, Mishra S, Shah N. Bevacizumab for post vitrectomy cystoid macular edema in silicone oil filled eye. Retin Cases Brief Rep. 2020 Sep 21. doi: 10.1097/ICB.0000000000001057. Epub ahead of print. PMID: 32976230.
- Lambat SP, Nangia VB, Nangia PV. Gas Bubble in a Glaucomatous Cup. Ophthalmol Glaucoma. 2020 Nov-Dec;3(6):433. doi: 10.1016/j.ogla.2020.07.001. PMID: 33243405.
- Received BELL PHARMA award for best free paper by post graduates at the annual conference of Maharashtra Ophthalmological Society in 2007 held at Solapur for “CANALICULAR TEAR REPAIR with 22 G CANULA- A CHEAP EASY AND NEW EXPERIENCE” Sarang Lambat, Rituraj Videkar
- Received 2nd Best paper award at the annual conference of Vidarbha Ophthalmic Society 2010 held at Nagpur for Ruptured Retinal Artery Macroaneurysm managed with Intravitreal Bevacizumab. Sarang Lambat, Vinay Nangia
- Received 2nd best poster award at the annual conference of Vidarbha Ophthalmic Society 2010 held at Nagpur for “Optic Disc Drusen Characteristics on Spectral Domain OCT. Sarang Lambat, Karishma Bhate, Shubhra Agrawal, Vinay Nangia
- Received Best paper award at the annual conference of Vidarbha Ophthalmic Society 2012 held at Yavatmal for “Prevalence and Associations of Retinal Vein Occlusions in Rural Central India. The Central India Eye and Medical Study. Sarang Lambat, Jonas JB, Nangia V, Khare A, Sinha A
- Received 2nd Best poster award at the annual conference of Vidarbha Ophthalmic Society 2010 held at Yavatmal for “Retinal Angiomatous Proliferation managed with Triple Therapy” Sarang Lambat, Karishma Bhate, Shubhra Agrawal, Vinay Nangia
- Received Best paper award in Ophthalmic Epidemiology at the Joint conference of Asia Pacific Academy of Ophthalmology and All India Ophthalmological Society – 2013, Hyderabad for “Prevalence and Associations of Full Thickness Macular Holes in Rural Central India-The Central India Eye and Medical Study” Sarang Lambat, Vinay Nangia, Jost Jonas, Anshu Khare
- Best Paper award at the annual conference of Vidarbha Ophthalmic Society 2014 held at Amravati “LASER in AMD in the era of Anti-VEGF.” Sarang Lambat, Shilpa Tiwari, Ritesh Shukla, Tina Agrawal
- Best Video award at annual conference of the Maharashtra Ophthalmological Society MOSCON 2019 held at Nagpur on video titled “Macular traction – Releasing the unwanted pull” Sarang Lambat, Vinay Nangia
WAS A SUB INVESTIGATOR IN 2 INTERNATIONAL CLINICAL DRUG TRAILS
DEGAS STUDY (Pfizer) for Diabetic Macular Edema and MONET STUDY (Pfizer) for Wet ARMD
- All India Ophthalmological Society
- Vitreo-Retinal Society of India
- Delhi Ophthalmological Society
- Maharashtra Ophthalmological Society
- Bombay Ophthalmologists’ Association
- Vidharbha Ophthalmic Society
- Ophthalmological Society Nagpur
- Madhya Pradesh State Ophthalmological Society