In India we have the second highest number of people with diabetes, about 65 million. We travelled to all the government district hospitals, examining patients, checking them for diabetes, counselling them and bringing them to the base hospital for further examination. Over time this project evolved to encompass the subpsecialities of retina, glaucoma, cornea and paediatric ophthalmology and trauma. It was then renamed Sight Serve. The vehicle was equipped with fundus camera and slit lamp and indirect ophthalmoscope. We would have completed more than 1500 visits to the hospitals many of them as far as 160 kms and requiring 6 hours of travel on the roads often in inclement weather conditions. More than 40,000 patients with subspeciality eye diseases have been seen.
If you would like to support this mission. We have a need for equipments like:
- Indirect Ophthalmoscopes x 4 USD 1000.00, each.
- Vehicle x 1. USD 15000.00
- Slit lamp biomicroscope. x 4. USD 1000.00 each.
- Applanation Tonometers x 4. USD 1000.00 each
- 78 Dioptre Lens. x 4. USD 250.00 each
- 20 Dioptre Lens. x 4. USD 250.00 each