- To understand the basic and advanced principles of Clinical Optometry.
- To do a thorough comprehensive eye examination.
- To be familiar with basic and advanced diagnostic procedures in Optometry.
- To be a competent Optometry Professional with exposure to multi-lingual, multi-cultural clinical environment and ability to handle different types of patients.
- To make appropriate referrals.
- Option One. Candidates will spend 10 months at SEI-AO and two months at Sankara Nethralaya at their own expense. No stipend will be payable during this period spend at Sankara Nethralaya, Chennai.
- Option Two. Candidates will spend 12 months at SEI.
|Eligibility||Degree in Optometry with internship /Diploma in Optometry with minimum 2 years of work experience.|
|No. Of seats||2 per session|
|Intake during||January/ July of every year|
|Indian students. For 12 months course at SEI INR 15000/ as fees. For combined SEI and SN Fellowship INR 30000/ as fees. Fellows will be paid a stipend of INR 9000 per month. Accomodation will be provided at subsidised rates in Nagpur. In Chennai fellows will not be entitled for a stipend and be responsible for their own accomodation. International studentsUSD 1000/- as fees to the Suraj Eye Institute|
|Method of study||Full time RegularRotational Clinical postings in various departments of Suraj Eye Institute and SN|
- CME grand rounds
- Wider clinical / academic exposure
- Hands on practical training in a tertiary Ophthalmic set-up.
- Exposure to diagnostics equipment and training in optometry related to glaucoma, cataract, cornea and retina.
Download Course Brochure (Fellowship Brochure Suraj Eye Institute Academy of Optometry – SEI-AO).
Download Course Application (Fellowship Application)
Dr. Prabhat Nangia, DNB, FMRF. Consultant Ophthalmologist.
Program Incharge- Fellowship
Suraj Eye Institute
559, New Colony, Nagpur. 440001. Maharashtra.
Phone :+91 9844093001
Email – email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Selection will be based on Written test, Skill test and Personal interview
How to apply?
- Download application form
- Fill in the details along with photocopies of Provisional / Degree Certificate.
- Application form to be accompanied by a DD for Rs.1,000/- payable to Suraj Eye Institute, Nagpur.
- Candidates will be called for a written test, skill test and personal interview during first week of June. During COVID time there will be a virtual interview.
- Selected candidates list will be uploaded in TSNA website on or before 10th June.
- Course will be commence from first week of July/August
- international Selected candidates should pay the tuition fee of INR 1000 USD on or before 15th July
- Last date for submitting filled in forms 30th May.
- Indian students can pay their application registration fee of Rs. 1,000/- by DD or online payment to the account given below:
- UPI ID. surajeyeinstitute@sbi.
- Bank Transfer details.
- International students kindly check with Program In-charge before making any online payment.